Newslit Terms of service
By using the Newslit ("Service"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and
conditions ("Terms of Service").
Newslit, LLC (“Company”) reserves the right to update and change these Terms of Service
Violation of any of the terms below may result in the termination of your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The
Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply
with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose or to violate any laws in your
jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information
requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not
Customers may access their Service data via the Application Program Interface (“API”). Any
use of the API, including the use of the API through a third-party product that accesses
the Service, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damages
or losses resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Service via the API may result in the
temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. Newslit, in its
sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. The Company will make
a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- The Service is offered with a free trial for 14 days. After the trial ends, you will
only be able to continue using the Service by paying in advance. If you fail to pay for
additional usage, your account will be frozen and inaccessible until payment is made.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, will result in the new rate being charged
at the next billing cycle. There will be no prorating for downgrades in between billing
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of features or capacity of your account.
The Company does not accept any liability for such loss.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities,
and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding
only United States (federal or state) taxes. Where required, The Company will collect
those taxes on behalf of taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities.
- Refund payments are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial
months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open
account. Certain refund requests for Subscriptions may be considered by Newslit on a
case-by-case basis and granted in sole discretion of Newslit.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your Service. An email or phone request
to cancel your Service is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your Service at any
time by clicking on the Settings link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen.
The Settings screen provides a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation
will take effect on the next billing cycle, and you will not be charged again. But there
will not be any prorating of unused time in the last billing cycle.
- Newslit, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and
refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time.
- Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your
Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all
ontent in your account. Newslit reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any
reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Newslit reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue,
temporarily or permanently, any part of the Service with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice
may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Newslit site or the Service
- Newslit shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price
change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond to
any claim that Content posted on the Service infringes on the copyright or other
intellectual property rights ("Infringement") of any person or entity.
- If you are a copyright owner, or authorized on behalf of one, and you believe that the
copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please
submit your claim via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line:
"Copyright Infringement" and include in your claim a detailed description of the alleged
Infringement as detailed below, under "DMCA Notice and Procedure for Copyright
- You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) for
misrepresentation or bad-faith claims on the infringement of any Content found on and/or
through the Service on your copyright.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service.
All materials uploaded remain yours.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright© Newslit, LLC. All rights reserved.
design elements without express written permission from the Company.
DMCA Notice and Procedure for Copyright Infringement Claims
You may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by
providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3)
for further detail):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the
owner of the copyright's interest
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the
URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy
of the copyrighted work
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material
that you claim is infringing is located
- your address, telephone number, and email address
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not
authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your
notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the
copyright owner's behalf.
You can contact our Copyright Agent at:
Attn: Newslit.co Copyright Agent
665 3rd St., Suite 150
San Francisco, CA 94107
If sending the notification by e-mail, an electronic signature is acceptable.
The Service and its original content (excluding Content provided by users), features and
functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Newslit and its licensors.
The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States
and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any
product or service without the prior written consent of Newslit.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or
controlled by Newslit.
Newslit has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy
policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. We do not warrant the
offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Newslit shall not be responsible or liable, directly or
indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with
use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such
third party web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third
party web sites or services that you visit.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and
“as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided via email.
- You understand that Newslit uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide
the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to
run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with
the Service or Newslit.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the
Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written
permission by Newslit.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts that we determine in our
sole discretion are unlawful or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution)
of any Service customer, Company employee or officer will result in immediate account
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including
your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various
networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting
networks or devices.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly
exceeds the average usage of other Service customers. Of course, we’ll reach out to the
account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may
negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- Newslit LLC does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements,
(ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results
that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the
quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained
by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service
will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Newslit LLC shall not be liable for any direct,
indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not
limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses
(even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting
from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of
substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services
purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from
the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
(iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter
relating to the service.
- The failure of Newslit LLC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms
of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service
constitutes the entire agreement between you and Newslit LLC and govern your use of the
Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Newslit LLC (including, but
not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to
Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new
tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service
after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Last Updated: March 2, 2019